Clifford Stevenson was an outstanding center on the 1928-31 BG football teams. He captained the teams as a senior, winning the Brown Award as team MVP. He also earned letters in basketball and track.
After graduating from Bowling Green, Stevenson earned an M.D. at Emory University, and became one of the nation’s top orthopedic surgeons. He was director of the U.S. Naval hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia for nine years at the end of a 23-year military career, from which he retired as captain in 1963. He was named a Bowling Green Distinguished Alumnus Award winner in 1964.
He was inducted to the BG Athletic Hall of Fame in 1967.
(Taken from The BG News, October 12, 1967.)